My new most favorite thing in the whole entire world- Huck’s high-steps in his ‘snow boots.’ :)
It wouldn’t be family month unless I posted something about our little family! :)
I know I haven’t posted an official update on Huck’s eye, but I promise I’m going to next week. On the 21st, to be exact!
Huck turns six on December 15th. SIX! I can’t even believe it, especially seeing as that only means he’ll be SEVEN next year. Which is only one short year away from EIGHT! I think that’s the oddest thing about having an eternal puppy-looking dog- Since he always looks like a baby, I forget he’s a big kid now! :)
Before getting Huck, I never thought I’d be a small dog kinda girl. I never thought I’d buy clothes for a pet, let alone have a “purse dog.”
Then Huckleberry Elias Finn fell into our lives! Or, we fell into his life, depending on how you look at it. When we first met Huck, I held him and he fit in the palm of one hand. He lovingly nudged and snuggled into me while we spent some time getting to know each other. Now I know that was all part of his master plan- he sensed me coming from a mile away! We signed adoption papers, money was exchanged, and the second he got in our car, he started gnawing on my fingers and toes like it was his job! Soon enough, I was being peed on. Then he let us know his bark- His small dog, high-pitched, annoying bark- Over and over and over and over…
To be honest, for the first few months, I didn’t think Huck would be in our lives long-term! He was such a nightmare of a puppy- Whining 90% of the time, peeing everywhere except outside the other 10%… But before we knew it, he slowly transitioned into our dream dog. And I do mean slowly. ;) Now I can’t imagine how boring our day-to-day lives would be without this little guy. I’ve never known a dog to be busting at the seams with such personality. And seriously… You cannot have a bad day looking at that face!
This year has only made me love Huck more; Many of you may recall his misadventure from earlier this year. He really is my little superhero, and to say I appreciate him more now is such an understatement. :)
In honor of his 5th birthday last year, we took Huck and his girlfriend, Mary-Kate, to Dinosaur World. Yes, DINOSAUR WORLD! You Orlando / Tampa residents know exactly what I’m talking about- The place with the neon orange, concrete dinosaur next to I-4! Nate and I pulled up one day to get a brochure, and as soon as we found out dogs were allowed, we couldn’t wait to go. :)
If this isn’t the cutest 5 year old birthday portrait, I don’t know what is. :) (We have this one printed on the cover of our Flip camera.)
Mary-Kate and our best buds, Lorie and Jon!
Happy Day, friends!
An oldie but a goodie. :)