As many of you know, Huck had a bit of a misadventure a couple weeks ago when he was attacked by a terrier while we were on a walk. The last time we checked in, our little man was looking something like this…
… Which now looks like this!! Huck is doing so much better. They were able to save his eye and for most of the time he’s awake, he can keep it wide open. Sometimes I look at him and almost forget anything ever happened, until the light hits just right and you see all the blood behind his pupil. :( We have another trip back to the vet this week to find out if he can see out of it or not; our vet says things are looking good!
Huck has gotten very used to his cone. He didn’t fight us when we put it back on, and he’s finally learned to sleep in it. He still seems sore and sleepy all the time, spending most of his days doing this:
I miss my spunky puppy!
Other than some tenderness and his mood being completely off, things are looking up for Mr. Finn! As traumatizing as all of this was, I can’t help but count our blessings:
– Huck was attacked, but thankfully by a 15lb terrier, not a 90lb Doberman.
– Even though we’re having problems contacting the owner of said terrier, Huck’s vet bills are in the hundreds, not the thousands.
– I have the best husband ever who puts eye drops in an uncooperative puppy twice a day without complaint!
– We really have the best dog ever. While I never feel like I take my husband or dog for granted, it’s sometimes good to have that reminder. Sometimes.
– Huck has received so much attention, concern, and love from internet land! All of your Facebook messages, blog comments, phone calls, and get well soon cards have been so completely amazing. Huck even had flowers sent to him from our best friends in Tennessee. I’m so, so thankful for all of you guys! Huck really is our kid, and all of your love has made this whole ordeal that much easier.
I’ll post another update in a few weeks, hopefully with a cone-free Huck Finn! :)