If you follow Nate and I on Instagram (nathanroot + jenseylove), you may have seen that we had the awesome opportunity to spend a few days in Hawaii last week! We were visiting Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, for Carrie and Patrick’s vow renewal. :)

I’m excited to share some sneak peek photos, but not as excited as I am to share their anniversary session around Disney’s California Adventure tomorrow. Seriously- this is not one to miss! :):)

I thought Carrie’s paper bouquet was so colorful and happy and reminded me of their wedding day!

Disney's Aulani Wedding Vow Renewal

My favorite part of their vow renewal ceremony was their personal vows- Patrick’s had me all kinds of teary and wanting to make plans for a vow renewal of our own.

Disney's Aulani Wedding Vow Renewal

Carrie was just as gorgeous as she was five years ago!

Disney's Aulani Wedding Vow Renewal

Disney's Aulani Wedding Vow Renewal

Disney's Aulani Wedding Vow Renewal

Carrie and Patrick, thanks for letting us tag along another anniversary adventure!!! :)

Disney's Aulani Wedding Vow Renewal

Some related Carrie + Patrick posts!

Carrie and Patrick’s First Look

Christmas at WDW with Carriatrick Part I

Christmas at WDW with Carriatrick Part II

Carrie and Patrick’s TOT Anniversary Dinner

14 Responses to “Carrie + Patrick : Aulani Vow Renewal”

1. OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! How Gorgeous are they!?!?!? Carrie you look STUNNING! and Patrick, muy muy guapo!!!!! Beautiful pics as always! LOVE you dress Carrie, and love that you kept touches from your first wedding, only updated! I especially love the single drop necklace! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Happy anniversary again you guys! Thanks for all the inspiration and help throughout my own years! Roots, as always, BRAVO!

2. Jenn Paul on February 12th, 2013 at 9:10 am | Reply
  3. Beautiful!

4. Elizabeth on February 12th, 2013 at 9:13 am | Reply
  5. Wowza!!! Thanks Jenn, and Elizabeth, and especially Jensey and Nate! I always feel like our anniversaries are also the anniversary of our friendship with you two, and it makes me so happy when we get to share them with you. Thanks for going all the way to Hawaii with us!

6. Carrie on February 12th, 2013 at 10:15 am | Reply
  7. Amazing. Perfectly reminiscent of your original wedding photos and yet subtly different and new. Congrats!

8. Juli on February 12th, 2013 at 10:25 am | Reply
  9. I am happily sniffling away as I remember their wedding. Congrats you two! The best adventurers I know! And yes, now I TOTALLY want a vow renewal (with the Roots to boot!).

Best anniversaries EVER! I love the stuff Carrie and Patrick do (and the photos Nate and Jensey snap)

10. ATG on February 12th, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Reply
  11. Awww! I love the previews and am so happy that you finally spilled the beans of why you were in HI and shared pictures! They turned out great and I love the subtle nods to their original wedding details. I can’t wait to see the rest of the pictures, esp. their DCA pictures. I heard they may have been wearing some snazzy outfits. ;)

12. Hope on February 12th, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Reply
  13. It’s thanks to Carrie and Patrick that I even know about the Roots. SO excited to see that they did a vow renewal and that there are new pictures to look at. I just yelped when I saw it on Facebook – I feel like they are old friends :)

Pictures are gorgeous, can’t wait to see more!

14. Erika on February 12th, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Reply
  15. The pictures are amazing. Carrie you are so stunning, such a classic beauty. I love how Patrick looks at you, you can see the love between you two. Nate and Jensey captured amazing moments once again.

16. Tracy B on February 12th, 2013 at 3:42 pm | Reply
  17. Fantastic vowel renewal! I still remember lurking on the wedding page and reading Carrie’s trip report on the disboards all those years ago… Congrats on 5 years of happiness!

18. Valerie on February 14th, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Reply
  19. Wow – I came back here to post a link to the story of our vow renewal and found all these amazingly sweet comments. Thank you all!

If you’re interested in reading about our vow renewal trip with Nate & Jensey, I’ve started chronicling it on my blog: http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/aulani-to-wdw/.

20. Carrie on February 21st, 2013 at 11:09 am | Reply